Diabetes is the most prevalent medical condition, affecting millions of people. According to the Center for Disease Control over a hundred million Americans are suffering from diabetes. This fatal disease can lead to heart attacks, strokes, paralysis, blindness, kidney failure, chronic pain, hair loss, itching, and fatigue.
The Diabetes Council has stated that CBD can play a major role in elevating the symptoms of diabetes. Today, in this article we will talk about CBD and how CBD can help in fighting type 1 diabetes so let’s start with understanding diabetes.
All About Diabetes
Diabetes is a medical condition in which the level of sugar (glucose) increases in the blood. Insulin plays a vital part in the human body because it facilitates the metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. When you are suffering from type 1 diabetes, the pancreas stops producing insulin. There is no known cure for type 1 diabetes, but the studies suggest that the use of CBD helps in managing the blood sugar levels to prevent complications.
Causes of Type 1 Diabetes
Some possible causes for type 1 diabetes include:
- Genes – Type 1 diabetes passes through the genes, so if your parents or siblings are suffering from diabetes then you have a higher risk of developing type 1.
- Age – Type 1 diabetes can occur at any age but mostly it occurs in 2 peaks which can be clearly noticed. The first one occurs in children aged between 4 and 7 years old and the other one occurs between the ages of 10 and 14 years old.
Symptoms Of Type 1 Diabetes
- Extreme thirst
- Blurred vision
- Increased hunger
- Frequent urination
- Lethargy and drowsiness
- Sudden weight loss
- Vomiting and nausea
- Pain in belly
- Rashes on skin
- Hair loss
Use CBD For Type 1 Diabetes
CBD potentially can stop the disease from developing in the first place according to some research. People who are diagnosed with diabetes often have insulin resistance and elevated fasting insulin levels. They also have reduced levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
Research shows that CBD can be very helpful for people who are suffering from Type-1 diabetes by:
- Stabilizing blood sugar levels
- The anti-inflammatory property reduces inflammation occurring from diabetes in kidneys
- Reduces the level of pain.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure gradually
- Reduce the inflammation in the retinal blood vessels
- CBD receptors can also be helpful in regulating the circulation and functioning of the heart
Natural Remedies for Type 1 Diabetes
- Aloe verahelps to repair the beta cells in the pancreas which produce insulin.
- You can also use Cinnamon, a spice which is obtained from the bark of trees. Cinnamon is useful in regulating fat cells, level of insulins, body mass, and high blood pressure.
- Milk thistle is an essential tonic for your liver. It is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory property which makes it useful for diabetes.
- Start having green tea as it will help detoxify your body.
The medical use of CBD is now legal in all 50 states so you can easily buy it from local stores. There are different forms of CBD available like oil, wax, e-juice, tincture, and topicals. The best thing about CBD is that it is non-toxic and there are no known side-effects of CBD.
In this article, I have tried to mention all the essential information regarding type 1 diabetes and the role of CBD in it. I have also mentioned some natural treatment option for diabetes which you can use to alleviate the symptoms. If you are aware of some other natural treatment options, please mention it in the comment section and feel free to ask any questions regarding this article. Thank you for reading this article.