We have all suffered through coughs and colds, haven’t we? They are a very common problem for people all over the world. We do not feel well and we are unable to do all our work properly, distracted by our runny noses, headaches, and congestion While most common during the fall and winter but can hit you at any time. Today, I will tell you about some great home remedies to kick your next cold’s butt.
What is a Common Cold?
The common cold is nothing but a very common viral disease. It mainly spreads through contamination of infected person. The virus can spread through contact or even using utensils, clothes, or other accessories of an infected person.
It lasts for a minimum duration of 3 to 4 days and can increase our body temperature, causes lethargy, body aches, and joint pain. We do not feel like doing anything and we do not feel happy. We are not able to sleep properly at night when we suffer from a blocked nose all the time. So, it is very essential to take proper measures which will give you relief from a cold.
How do we recover from a common cold attack?
- Make sure that you remain hydrated all the time. Drink plenty of fluids, be they tea, water, juice, etc.
- Drink warm liquids like milk. You can also try to drink hot tea at regular intervals. This will give a relief to your throat and will also keep the inside of your body warm. This is a very good way to make your body feel better when you have a cold.
- Do not wear very light clothes. Avoid staying in a very cold room. Do not go outside your house because during this time; your immune system is weakened so just when you start to feel better you could catch something else.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water and a pinch of salt. Gargling in hot water can clear your throat and give you relief from your sore throat as well. Salt is also used as a disinfectant and can help kill any bacteria lingering in your mouth and throat.
- Get loads of rest. The more rest you give to your body, the sooner you’ll feel better. Rest is very essential when you are not your right self. Resting your body tissues and muscles will help you recover sooner. Do not give much stress to your mind try to relax.
- Blow your nose whenever your nose gets blocked. Do not keep the mucus inside your body. If you release the mucus, your nose will become free and you will be able to breathe properly. Keep a clean hanky or tissue with you all the time. Regularly change the tissue. Do not use the same infected tissue over and over again as this can increase your chances of catching another disease. Always stay clean when fighting a cold.
- Another amazing organic healer of recent times is CBD or Cannabidiol. This organic remedy is very effective against most of the symptoms of a common cold including body aches, headaches, and sleep issues. Therefore, if you need a calming and soothing effect with sound sleep and rest, we will recommend you to go with CBD as it takes care of your nasal, head, and whole body symptoms all at once.
- Take a spoonful of honey and mix it with warm water and lemon and drink it. Honey can help you to clear your throat and kill any bacteria in it as well When you are suffering from a cold, it not only clears your throat but also makes your body warm from the inside out.
- When you are suffering from a cold, your body becomes very weak and feeble. You need to remain strong inside, only then will you be able to combat the disease. For that, you should intake protein-rich food like chicken and fish in your diet.
- Most people avoid bathing when they are suffering from cold. This is a very bad practice as it can adversely affect your health.. Have a proper shower in hot water. This will make you feel better and will also help you get rid of your pain and fatigue.
- Ginger and garlic can help you fight against a cold. You can add a bit of ginger to your tea before drinking it. You can also eat food rich in garlic to help with your infection.
How to protect yourself from the common cold?
There are various ways which have been proven beneficial and will help you to stay healthy during cold season.
Hands are the main medium by which various viruses can enter our body. Make sure that your hands are clean. Also, you should wash your hands when you come home from outside. This will help to maintain hygiene.
Always stay away from people who are suffering from coughs and colds. Do not use utensils and clothes they have touched. Viruses can spread very easily and being in contact with such people will increase your chances of getting a cold.
Proper sleep, healthy diet, and regular exercise can keep you away from not only cold but also various other diseases. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and organic supplements like CBD should be a part of everyone’s life. This will definitely help you get rid of cold symptoms effectively.